COVID-19 Compliance & Requirements
We are in full compliance with all local, state, and federal guidelines regarding COVID-19. This includes masks, social distancing, and disinfection of all common surfaces. Schedules and waiting times have been reduced to minimize potential exposure.
- You do not have fever, chills, shaking, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or a loss of taste or smell
- You have not had exposure to anyone with a flu-like illness within the past two weeks
- You wear a mask or equivalent facial covering over both your nose and mouth
- You agree to maintain social distancing
- You avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, and face
- You enter the office alone if possible
James Lewis, MD has performed more than 50,000 successful cataract surgeries over the last 30 years. He was the first in the region to perform Dropless Cataract Surgery, the first to employ the Hydrus MicroStent, and the first to capture and utilize measured anterior and posterior corneal curvature in the calculation of intraocular lens powers. We are the first and only practice in Pennsylvania to offer the Light Adjustable Lens, from RxSight (Aliso Viejo, CA). Our surgical practice emphasizes premium cataract surgery including PanOptix™ from Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) and the Light Adjustable Lens, MIGS (micro-invasive glaucoma surgery), refractive surgery (LASIK, EpiLASIK, PRK, Visian and Visian Toric ICL), and corneal surgery (DSEK, Cross Linking and Cross LinkingPlus). We emphasize individualized care, patient safety, professionalism, innovation, and advanced technology.
Our topography-guided excimer laser enhances surgical results, provides superior night driving vision, and improves contrast sensitivity. This technology regularizes the corneal geometry and can address conditions beyond the capabilities of traditional lasers.
Dr. Lewis provides all patients with an unedited video record of their surgical procedure.We regularly stream our surgery on Youtube and Vimeo.